Friday, December 31, 2010

An Aspie Idea!

"I don't want a red one. I don't want a red one. I don't want a red one."   (referring to a Hershey kiss wrapped in red)

"Why do you not want a red one?" 

"Cause red is for girls."

You see, several weeks ago Pookie heard someone say that the color pink is for girls. So, suddenly all colors must either be feminine or masculine character. The only color not thus defined is his favorite colors, white and blue. So, today, I got creative. I found this picture online: 




I then asked him......"What's this?"  

"A football guy!!"   (He adores any type of ball and loves sports)

"What color is he wearing?"

"Red?" (he seemed very very confused)

"So, red is??? Is it a girl color?"

He started shaking his head yes but after about 45 seconds started shaking his head no. He still seemed confused but after several seconds his face lit up, he looked at me, smiled and gave me a big hug. 

"Red is for everybody!" 



SUCCESS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your post!! I apparently didn't have this site set up to notify me of comments!! Send me an email. Would love to get up with you!!

    ReplyDelete