Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Upcoming 5th Birthday

Wow! Pook will be 5 years old. It's amazing when I think of how far he's come. Only through God's strength and grace could Pook have ever accomplished all that he has. 

We've had a lot going on lately and didn't get around to planning his party yet. So, tonight I asked him what he wanted on his cake. I'm not sure why I was surprised at his answer. He wanted a monkey cake, same as last year. He even wanted to same number on it, but I talked him into getting a 5. 

His gifts are quite simple. He wants the same "vroom vroom" bicycle (Hot Wheels Bike at Walmart) that he's wanted since last summer. He wants a yoyo that lights up, simply because his sister just got one. He wants more playdough and accessories (I doubt he'll ever have enough). Oddly enough, the only other thing he wants is a whistle with a pull out magnifying glass. 

I realized, once again, that having a child on the Autistic spectrum can simplify life at times. More then likely, I'll be making that monkey cake for years to come. I'm sure each present during the years events will include playdough. Overall, makes for a pretty simple birthday party. 

And, as I do with each of my children's birthdays, I'll think back to the glorious day they were born. I'll look at all their accomplishments, all their special traits and uniqueness and I'll realize that my life would be utterly void with out him. 

Thank you God for bringing Pook into my life and allowing me to learn more about life through him then I ever dreamed possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment