Monday, July 26, 2010

My husband went to work today with one of Pook's toys in the truck. Pook is now standing on the front porch with his oversized underwear on (since ones that fit drive him crazy) and an adult cowboy hat on to block the sun from his eyes screaming for his Dad at the top of his lungs. He's calling him to come home and bring back his toy. He can't fathom that his Dad can't hear him. We've tried to explain that it's far away, but Pook says he can hear far away (farther then any of us). We've explained that there are fans running where his Dad works and he can't hear him over the fans. But, Pook wants that toy. He's had it for days and it doesn't process in his mind that it can be separate from his body. It's supposed to be 94 degrees today, so obviously staying on the front porch in the sun is NOT an option. *sigh

The kids attempted to lure him in with a balloon he got at the grocery store last night. But, the helium is no longer making the balloon float and now he's spazzing because A) he doesn't have his toy and B) his balloon won't "work".

He's still not quite leveled back out to where he usually is. Not sure what is going on. I called to get him into his neuro but it will be no less then 4 months before they can squeeze him in. That's the downfall to having the best neuro ever!

His sleep cycle is messed up again. I honestly feel I can contribute it to the neighbor periodically having music played so loud through the night that it wakes him repeatedly. It's such hard work to get him on a good sleep schedule (good for him is if we hit a 4 hour stretch, and more then that are miracles from God). His bedtime, pillows, stuffy, sheet, location, etc all has to stay the same night after night to ensure sleep. Banging music and bass from next door does not help that at all!!

The worst part for me personally is the lack of time to get anything done. Then, when I do have a bit of time (like now as he stands on the front porch)I'm so emotionally drained that I take a bit of time to release (hence my blogging).

Pook has recently gotten back to the point where everything has to be in a precise location. Everything must be put back where it came from. I'm sure this is due to our moving from one house to another. This is most likely also what is causing him to short circuit. If I had my way, I'd never move again! OK, well, if I could get a place he would do well in I'd ever move again.

I'm grateful for all those that understand where he is, what he's going through. I'm grateful for those who offer their support to me. I'm grateful for those who offer support to Pook's older siblings, like those who facilitate Sibshops (a support group for children whose siblings have special needs). I'm grateful that I am part of a church that has the best child care workers EVER and that once a week I get to spend time being taught of God uninterrupted.

Most of all, I am grateful that God loved me so much that he gave me this vibrant, beautiful, unique little boy to bring excitement and joy into our lives! I wouldn't trade today for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment